• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

daily exercises program ideas

username13839

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

when practising kata, you can also make it a strength exercise. Practice your kata while holding weights, only small ones; 2-3 kilograms (or about 5-7 pounds) and do them slowly. Take 10 or so seconds for each movement.

Practising basic techniques or kihon while holding weights or with ankle weights can also be beneficial, but if you practice kicks, NEVER do them quickly with ankle weights. Take 10 seconds to do a kick, or you may find that your joints and tendons will be effectively destroyed before too long. Although this may be hard at first, it will increase the strength and speed of your kicks.

Most importantly, with any kind of training, have patience!

Osu.

"Before enlightenment, carry water, chop wood. After enlightenment, carry water, chop wood" - Chinese proverb

• 1 month later...

I personlly think in addition to the katas and other techniques you should do fitness training. And definetly not in a body builder fashion but in a more functional, fighting related fashion. Depending on what you already do for fitness at practise and how often I would say 2 to 3 hard full body seshions a week would be great, heres some workouts i've done lately which you might find interesting.

Jump rope 1 minutes

pushups 1 minute

do 5 rounds

burpies 1 minute

horizontal body rows 1 minute (unsure of name u lie down and pull urself up using a bar)

do 5 rounds

finish with some core work

Another workout i do si the deck of cards workout where you have a deck of cards and assign each suit an exercise example,

hearts - pushups

diamonds - hindu squats

clubs - table makers

spades - lunges

then if you want to be nasty make the jokers something hard like 20 pullups or 25 burpies etc

any way pretty much what i do is twice a week I do workouts similar to these which work the whole body and on saturdays our dojo does a 90 minute fitness seshion which doesnt involve technique not many go because its brutal but the people who do are the best go figure anyway sorry about the rant, though i hope you found it useful. cheers.

I personlly think in addition to the katas and other techniques you should do fitness training. And definetly not in a body builder fashion but in a more functional, fighting related fashion. Depending on what you already do for fitness at practise and how often I would say 2 to 3 hard full body seshions a week would be great, heres some workouts i've done lately which you might find interesting.

Jump rope 1 minutes

pushups 1 minute

do 5 rounds

burpies 1 minute

horizontal body rows 1 minute (unsure of name u lie down and pull urself up using a bar)

do 5 rounds

finish with some core work

Another workout i do si the deck of cards workout where you have a deck of cards and assign each suit an exercise example,

hearts - pushups

diamonds - hindu squats

clubs - table makers

spades - lunges

then if you want to be nasty make the jokers something hard like 20 pullups or 25 burpies etc

any way pretty much what i do is twice a week I do workouts similar to these which work the whole body and on saturdays our dojo does a 90 minute fitness seshion which doesnt involve technique not many go because its brutal but the people who do are the best go figure anyway sorry about the rant, though i hope you found it useful. cheers.