• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stone bruse???

GeoGiant

I was walking outside in my bare feet and I stepped on a stone. :o I didn't give it much thought, but now a week later my foot still hurts. :x

When I look at the bottom of my foot it looks like I have lighter colored circle about 1/4 of an inch (a little less than a centimeter) in diameter. This lighter colored circle is slightly raised and hurts when I push on it.

I've searched online and it appears that I have a stone bruise. Advice about dealing with this is all over place so I'm hoping someone here has dealt with this.... anyone?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had one a few years back, i didnt think much of it at the time and it just cleared up by itself, maybe i got lucky, does it have a significant effect on your training?

If it gets worse i'd go see a qualified doctor as its possible it could be something more, better safe than sorry.

Hope this helps :)

"Get beyond violence, yet learn to understand its ways"

"Seek peace in every moment, yet be prepared to defend your very being"

"Does the river dwell on how long it will take to become the ocean..." - Sensei Bruce Payne

https://www.shinkido.co.uk

Thanks.

The floor of my dojo is padded so it doesn't impede my training but if i take a double class my foot hurts like crazy.

I'm going to give it a few more days to see if it gets better. Fortunately, my foot doesn't bother me when I'm wearing a sock and shoe... I guess the extra padding helps.

Maybe go easy on the double classes for a while then :D

On a side note i pulled my rotator cuff quite badly a few weeks back, due to the time that took to heal my katas looked like slop for days :lol:

"Does the river dwell on how long it will take to become the ocean..." - Sensei Bruce Payne

• 2 weeks later...

I'm resurrecting this thread hoping someone else has dealt with this... Its been 2 weeks and my foot doesn't seem to be getting better.

Since my initial post i numbed my foot and cut the callused area open... I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Since my initial post i numbed my foot and cut the callused area open... I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

You numbed your own foot and then cut into it?! WOW! You da' man! :lol:

Sorry, I've no advice to help you with your problem, other than, go see a doctor asap before your original injury becomes a possible permanent one!

You numbed your own foot and then cut into it?!

:o

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Since my initial post i numbed my foot and cut the callused area open...

I'm with Sensei8 on this one, wow....seriously braver man than me :lol: it probably turns out you'd have done more damage cutting your own foot open :D