• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Forearm Conditioning

To build up functional strength for most ma activities also consider doing pull up work on gymnast rings, same on push ups, ect. It makes the forarm adjust to the changes in motion.

Consider doing pull ups while gripping a belt and rope climbing as well.

Think about cross training efforts such as rock climbing as well. A trip to the rock or an artifical gym can be a plesant change in strength training and also works on your goal.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
There are more subtle ways of building the body up to these methods, and it is important to start out nice and easy, because if you injure yourself, then you can't train.

Very true. Impact conditioning isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. It takes a long time to build up to an appreciable level. As much as I like Takemi Takayasu I will definitely say he's quite the extreme.

It's better to take it slow and at a moderate level, this way you can actually train longer and get more conditioning rather than just banging it out hard for a few reps, whimpering, and recovering for the next few days. I also wouldn't do this training any more than 2-3x a week tops.

If you're just starting out, once a week should be adequate. It takes years to develop the ability (insanity?) to take repeated heavy blows to bones that weren't meant to.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Thanks for the tips guys, Tallgeese, i've got a good background in strength training anyway so i'll definatly try the towel pullups :P we're fortunate enough to have an artifical rock climbing wall at our local gym so it seems like a good time to give that a go :D

"Get beyond violence, yet learn to understand its ways"

"Seek peace in every moment, yet be prepared to defend your very being"

"Does the river dwell on how long it will take to become the ocean..." - Sensei Bruce Payne

https://www.shinkido.co.uk

Thanks for the tips guys, Tallgeese, i've got a good background in strength training anyway so i'll definatly try the towel pullups :P we're fortunate enough to have an artifical rock climbing wall at our local gym so it seems like a good time to give that a go :D

Is that one of those Treadwalls? If so you have a fantastic grip exercise right there. You can adjust the incline on those babies so you're just climbing with your hands.

Is that one of those Treadwalls? If so you have a fantastic grip exercise right there. You can adjust the incline on those babies so you're just climbing with your hands.

There's three of them, one straight up, one with a slight protrusion and the 3rd goes almost horizontal as if you're climbing up a stairwell using the roof :lol:

"Get beyond violence, yet learn to understand its ways"

"Seek peace in every moment, yet be prepared to defend your very being"

"Does the river dwell on how long it will take to become the ocean..." - Sensei Bruce Payne

https://www.shinkido.co.uk

...the 3rd goes almost horizontal as if you're climbing up a stairwell using the roof :lol:

You could always try that! :P A couple of guys in my first year at uni did that to the main staircase in our block. They got hold of a rope long enough to hang down the 5 floors and took it in turns to belay each other to the top... they were both v experienced climbers though (and very stupid).

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

There are more subtle ways of building the body up to these methods, and it is important to start out nice and easy, because if you injure yourself, then you can't train.

Very true. Impact conditioning isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. It takes a long time to build up to an appreciable level. As much as I like Takemi Takayasu I will definitely say he's quite the extreme.

It's better to take it slow and at a moderate level, this way you can actually train longer and get more conditioning rather than just banging it out hard for a few reps, whimpering, and recovering for the next few days. I also wouldn't do this training any more than 2-3x a week tops.

Thanks for saying what I was trying to say in much more efficient manner. Sometimes my wording is very clumsy. :roll: