• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Teaching Yourself

It would help if you mentioned which college you attend. I know a few of the area ones, and I know if a lot of them are associated with anyone, and what their general reputation is. If I don't, my former coaches certainly do. If you don't want to post something like that here, PM me.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Here's the website for their university program.

http://oneonta.collegiatelink.net/Community?action=getOrgHome&orgID=14499

Here is the link for the ECTL, which is the league they compete in.

http://ectc-online.org/SUNYoneonta.html

The ECTL used to be the INCTL. I competed for NYU in the INCTL, and the competition is pretty decent quality. The SUNY Oneonta TKD club is brand new. It came about just after I graduated, and probably just got into the ECTL last year. It sounds like they do have a master, and I'm betting, like most collegiate programs, they're associated with a local school. It works well for the school. They charge the students a lower rate, and after graduation they can usually count on a few students heading over to practice full-time.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

Hmmm, it looks interesting, but I'm looking for more of a non-competitive club, where people practice their training and aren't tournament dogs. I'm still going to try it out, though. Thanks for finding that stuff for me. I really appreciate it.

Do you go to school, isshinryu? If so, where? Maybe we could get together sometime and compare notes.

I graduated from NYU in '08, and I'm currently living in Seoul, but if you want to contact me for any reason, just send me a message. I know a lot about the ECTL. I was on the All-Star team my senior season. It's a lot of fun, and the matches are lively, but not crazy. Most clubs have a competition team, so if you don't want to compete, you don't have to, but you're encouraged to. If you join the club, I would encourage you to go to at least one tournament. They're fun, and you can meet people from quite a number of different schools.

- Tao Te Ching