• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know you're a martial artist when...

...you shake the job interviewer's hand with both hands and bow.. :roll:

When I discovered I no longer use my hands to open a door - a maegeri kekomi does the job just as well.

:lol: and use them to pull chairs out from tables.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...when you can't watch a movie without pointing out any inaccuracies or unrealistic moves in a fight scene.

Haha. I do that. It annoys the heck out of my family.

You know you're a martial artist when you walk down the street thinking "if that guy grabs me right now, I can do this, this, this and this" and "if that lady suddenly attacks me, I'd do this, that and the other thing". You know perfectly well it's not going to happen, but it's fun and challenging to come up with defense moves based on your surroundings at the time and the different "opponents" you pass.

...on a few occasions at home, when walking past a wall or some kind of solid object, I've found myself doing a quick turn and throwing a punch at it, because I knew my distance and that my reach actually stopped about an inch away.

Your reading this thread an saying to youself...hhhmmm thats me..and that is me.... oh, I do that also.... etc.....

and this is me :D

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.