RJCKarate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wear a black gi, this was simply because of parents complaining about not being able to get the white ones as clean as they would like etc, we decided to go with black as this kept my students parents happy and without students I would not be able to teach, but I do still have my traditional white gi still and will always respect that.

• 2 weeks later...

Gym shorts, workout shirt, and shoes. Cant afford the dojo anymore so I practice what I know at the gym. The change to shoes has taken a little while to get used to but isn't as much of a problem anymore.

I now have a middleweight white tiger claw gi. The sleeves are tacked up because the arms are about 9 inches or so too long for me, hah!

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

• 3 months later...

Our dojo typically wears black gi for regular practices (patches are optional for the student--just depends on the student's preference--and when they do have them, it's just a USA flag, Japan flag, and Tora No Maki symbol, and a patch for whatever weapons they've used in a tournament, plus Instructor, Sensei, or Assistant Instructor patch if they have that position). Before any are applied to the gi, the design and position must be approved by the Sensei and Hombu.

White gi in our dojo are for special occasions: photo opportunities, tournaments, ceremonies, or demonstrations--to keep them cleaner and to respect the white gi a little more.

Most of us just wear Century lightweight gi because they're cheap to replace. Most of the Shodan and up use medium or heavy weight.

• 2 years later...