• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much do you like your club?

moobrack

My goju ryu club I'm starting to get sick of it.

Reasons:

* Issue with belt promotion.

*Sparring isn't all that fun.

EX: Sensei says practice your technique and no need to strike hard but he is doing just the opposite.

The rules, says no strike to the face and yet I got hit in the nose, jaw, and teeth. Note, I'm a blue belt and yet I can aim.

*Lots of other subtle reasons.

I loved my kyokushin club far better.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

to show how interested i am in training and how much i like my club ill tell you about it. i attened a club/school at two locations, Bramley and Redhall (both in England) and both run by cheif instructor Sensei Steve Leak. i train five days a week normally and when we start extra classes ill take them too. i intend to become a coach then an instructor, i have been helping Sensei Leak open a new room on the bramley dojo although not last night as he knows the reason for this!! THANX!! :grin: Sensei Leak and his other instructors are brilliant and they each have separate qualities that they each bring to the dojo to teach, and i like this even more because i am getting a much broader and stronger understanding of my martial arts training. we also have people from other clubs and styles train and teach at our club/school which shakes things up and adds more excitment to training because its something new. although we had a little bit of a slow patch for a couple of weeks we seem to picking the pace up a bit more now and its getting a lot better. i would reccommend to anyone that they should come to our club to try it out, the only sore point i have is that at the bramley dojo, the majority of the students wont fight/spar. this causes two problems because i personally do and it limits the lessons in which i can train in sparring techniques and limits who i can spar with, because i feel that its important to spar with various partners to be able to see different styles of fighters, because not eerything can be rehearsed. and the second problem is that if the students go for their higher grades they are expected to spar at a reasonable level, so they should start practicing asap. after all it is a MARTIAL art. and you should perform all aspects of it. but the question: how much do you like your club?

answer: I LOVE IT!!!! :karate:

"Sssshhhhhhhh.... i'm sleeping."

Stephen Winter,

7th Kyu, Shotokan Karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools (UK)

i club i when to for karate was good but the teacher was teaching very slowly and it was fun but sortof boring and it was a long time before you got a strip!! so i didn`t really like it!! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

I also attend sensei leak's schools along with angiebabe and winterkarate. What has been said is true our school has to be one of the best run. Training is fun and also hard and at the end of the day I know Im being taught the best karate by the best people.I look back to when I started karate and I could not see me doing any of the kata's, and basic's. Now 15 month later I have two medals one 2nd place kumtie one 3rd place kata and a purple belt. Thanks sensei Steve Leak,sensei Tobias Reece and Instructor Jim Reece, Its been a great 15 month keep up the good work.

bagpuss Redhall/Bramley International black belt school. :up:

My Sensei makes are classes enjoyable because he knows a) The Bunkai for kata b) a lot of self defence moves and c) Some really cool Kumite stuff. What also helps make a class fun is that no one slacks off. Everyone knows why they are there and that they only get out of it as much as they put in.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

• 7 months later...

I like my club. Kempo karate-do club.

Hapkido club. im getting sick of it too! You have to be strong to be there, i gave up. that clubs not good for me!

Kempo dude says: Stand up show me what you got, im black belter in kempo, im a Kempo champ. lets see who will win!

• 3 months later...

I train in Timisoara, Romania at a SHOTOKAN club and I love every minute :)

Sensei is funny and also very serious when it comes to important stuff. He is a Godan and very proficient. The coleagues are great and we get along very well, the training sessions are 4 a week and serious ... everything is OK.

• 4 weeks later...

I love my dojo as well (Willis Karate Studio in Guelph). The head sensei 8th Dan (Kyoshi) Dr Willis seems to understand Karate on so many levels. Training, practical, fitness, history etc. The other sensei's including several 3rd Dans are also very good.

I find it all fascinating and so does my daughter (8yrs old) that is taking it as well.

Now if I can just get this hip pain worked out ;-)

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate