• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to meet you too, SaiFightsMS.

... I had no choice. It was my mum who decided to move to Estonia, because she is estonian and my grandparents live in Estonia. I wanted to stay in Sweden of course and continue in Minakami. But I couldn't decide, 'cause I'm just 14. (What a pity...)

Anyway, now I'm here and actually, a woman Sensei is quite fun, she helps me with Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu and we are studying together the katas of that style to do them at the competitions. Now we have a shito-ryu organization in Estonia, made by my female Sensei and male Sempai. So, shito-ryu is in Estonia. I and my brother are the only ones here, who know and practise this style in Estona. But now, I taught the others also in Daigo some katas of Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu.

Now they can do Rohai and Chi no Kata.

My swedish Sensei from Minakami knows this.

It's cool :)

I'm glad that I can do this style now at the competitions. :D (and beat others, LOL) ...ok that was nasty...

Kill is love

Holy craps! Mark Groenewold! I've heard of your website after reading through Rob Redmonds 24fightingchickens.com!

I have to say, reading about your experiences and teaching karate in Japan have been really informative!

===================

When cornered, kick 'em in the spetznats. If that doesn't work, run around acting like an epilept + flail your arms about while whizzin' in your pants, then fall down foaming at the mouth. They'll be so disgusted THEY will walk away from the fight....

I've been at my dojo 6 months and can't say enough good of the sensei and the variety that he covers. A joker but, insistant that we learn properly. My question is about some of the senior members, it's very difficult to make eye contact with them when arriving at the dojo much less get them to say high or strike up a conversation. Most are excellent training partners, it just seems the common courtesy isn't there. In the dojo rules, it states to be courteous to fellow members. Maybe it takes awhile to be accepted into the fold and I'll keep at them. I was brought up to acknowledge other humans when their in close proximity to you, even a nod of acknowledgement is acceptable. Enough crying, glad to be a member. 8)

PEAT-MOSS

I do not really have a club, I pay $15 a month the the park district for classes twice a week, but I do also work with my instructor at our real jobs and we do martial arts at work. I also feel lucky because since we are friends he lets me train with the all black belt class.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

I keep posting that I like my club, but it hasn't appeared yet; please forgive me if they all suddenly show up! :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse