• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is the best time to stretch

ZeRo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Perform a search for more information on stretching. :smile:

The best time is when your muscles are already warmed, such as faster a lesson or warmup. If you would like a good flexibility routine, I'm sure myself or KickChick would be able to help you out.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Find opportunities to stretch throughout the day, like while you are at the computer keyboard. you can do stretches that you would normally neglect like fingers, wrists and arms.

But as Jack said when muscles are warmed up they respond best.

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

I started to stretch lightly (enough to prevent injury) before class, then do really good stretching after class, because the muscles are warmed up. Sometimes I just bolt outta the door after class (work) and don't get the chance. But I'm trying to make it a habbit.

Laurie F

Early morning as soon as you wake up is the best time to stretch. When you do it this early you loosen your muscles up for the entire day. Try doing a few sets of leg swings to the front, side, and back. These are your best bet to achieve maximum flexibility for anytime of the day.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

Yeap, as Withers said, dynamic stretches in the morning.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

No, ballistic and dynamic are different stretches..

Dynamic stretching should be done before your workout as part of your warm up.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.