• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kettlebells

Jay

Who owns one?

I have just purchased my first one after hearing great things about them. I can't afford an expensive term gym membership so have decided to just buy myself a kettlebell and train at home with my other equipment.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

They are nice and do work you in a slightly differet way than doing the same motions with dumbells. Certainly more versitlie.

However, if you're on a budget, you can sub dumbells in most cases for the same motions with kettlebells. If you've got the coin, they are a good addition to thehome gym.

Yea its a shame I can't afford to go to the gym. I have just built a new computer for university thus do not have the money to afford the £100 term gym membership unfortunatly. I have heard great things about them.

Im actually looking forward to the challenge of not going to the gym I concentrate better at home and I want to prove I can get myself in better shape than I ever was going to the gym.

Its going to be a combination of weighted bodyweight exercises, kettlebells, punchbag work and isometrics on my home made isometric station.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Kettlebells are great at providing a more linear resistance than dumb/barbells; more analogous to a cable tower as the weight is harder to "cheat" (transfer) over your body's centerline. IMO, the "problem" with kettlebells, is that you have to procure a range of them, whereas home model dumbbells (the type with threaded ends) are usually adjustable with mini weights.