• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Short full body workout

GhostFighter

I have a very busy life so i wondered is this a good balanced full body work out?

-Squats with dumbells or smith machine

-Wide grip pull ups palms away

-Bench press with dumbells or bench machine

am i missing any muscle out, maybe the shoulders?

Everyday is a fight

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 4 months later...

I usually do a quick workout in the morning when I wake up, to maintain my fitness if anything. This is what I usually do:

90 deg leg stretches, both legs

Shiko-dachi stance, 30 seconds

Basic leg stretches (the one they usually show at the start of aerobics videos)

20 Elevated knuckle pushups (I find this very good as it trains your chest muscles, bicep muscles, and conditions your wrists and knuckles at the same time)

50 Leg raises

I'd rather lose a 100 times in practice than 1 time in a combat situation.

• 1 month later...

Since its a full body workout stick to nice big compound moves like squats (possibly the best exercise ever :P) deadlifts, bench presses, pullups and rows (seated, one arm, bent over) keep the sets to about 2 and reps between 10-15 so you dont burn out and ache too much for your MA training.

Personally i'd do the bench press with dumbbells as the core is required to stabilise the body, and do the squats in the smith machine, its just safer and you can shift alot more weight than with dumbells equalling more muscle recruitment, by the same token the dumbbells improve your grip so its a personal preference.

The main thing to remember is to stretch dynamiclly before the workout (front and side leg lifts, trunk rotations ect) using the muscles you'll be focusing on in the main workout, and to stretch statically at the end to reduce the risk of delayed onset muscle soreness.

You cant really go wrong with those exercises, just remember to start out light and dont rush to increase the weight too early as it'll only result in injury and hamper your progression.

Hope this helps :)

"Get beyond violence, yet learn to understand its ways"

"Seek peace in every moment, yet be prepared to defend your very being"

"Does the river dwell on how long it will take to become the ocean..." - Sensei Bruce Payne

https://www.shinkido.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have changed my ideas of working out alot. If I didn't have much time I would probably do like

Squats 2-3x5

Overhead Press 2-3x5

Deadlifts 2-3x5

Pullups +Weight 2-3x5

and just alternate with a day rest, I mean if you do heavy lifting pretty much everything will be taken care of. You could also train the same thing morning and evening on the same day like do two sets of lifts in the morning and then do the rest in the evening.

I like it because its simple, I mean thats only good if you want to go pure strength but its an idea make of it what you will.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.