• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

100 push ups

Jeffrey

Make sure you do some back work or you could have an imbalance which can result in shoulder problems.

Very true! Though to be honest I don't think doing a 100 push ups type workout for a relatively short period of time will actually create that much imbalance (unless you've previous shoulder injury of course) - I'm not expert on it all, but I imagine that a year or two of doing push exercise only would cause problems, but 3-6 months....probably not! IMHO :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
This hasn't been all that bad. The only problem I'm having is sore hands and wrists. Maybe becuase I'm over 40.

When I started my hands & wrists were sore too, but after a few weeks you'll really notice how much stronger not only your wrists are, but your forearms, upper arms and shoulders!

Btw I'm 29 so don't think age affects the soreness that much, just lack of practice :)

I've started (a few times :roll: ) but have yet to finish it. But you still get a lot of benefits just doing the program as long as you can. You will definitely see some strength/size gains.

the program was actually the catalyst to switching from weight training only to body weight training, which has been very beneficial for me.

Same exact thing with me, I went from about 25 pushups to now doing about 50, although I don't exactly do pushups everday

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

Well, I'm not informed at all on body weights, or really anything for that matter, but I would say it would help, when you tri\ain your body with weights, then actually do somthing, most of the time you're body "where you work it" is more stable and strong. Again, this coming from and inexperianced person lol hope I helped at all

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

I'm gonna give this a go. I just got and read a book called the Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness--has anyone read this?

The author encourages body weight vs weight lifting exercises, and DEFINITELY encourages high reps of these things (pushups, squats) as opposed to adding weight and bulking up, particularly for boxers or martial artists--those who need speed, strength, and agility. He actually advocates being able to do 500 body weight squats, which seems like a LOT to me, having been out of shape for awhile now. Part of his argument is that high reps like that provide a mental challenge as well.

I'm going to give the 100 Pushup program a go, and mix it up like some of y'all are doing with burpees and such.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.

~Aristotle

I'm gonna give this a go. I just got and read a book called the Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness--has anyone read this?

The author encourages body weight vs weight lifting exercises, and DEFINITELY encourages high reps of these things (pushups, squats) as opposed to adding weight and bulking up, particularly for boxers or martial artists--those who need speed, strength, and agility. He actually advocates being able to do 500 body weight squats, which seems like a LOT to me, having been out of shape for awhile now. Part of his argument is that high reps like that provide a mental challenge as well.

I'm going to give the 100 Pushup program a go, and mix it up like some of y'all are doing with burpees and such.

Seems to ring true. I'm starting to feel the results form all these push ups. The squats are coming along nicely as well. The mental challenge is there for sure. But the nice thing is you have a clear goal so you want to achive it. You know how many you have to do and you do them.

So far it is going well. Won't know if it really works for another 3 weeks or so.