• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

aaah! My knee~!

After doing the run in the Navy Seal Work-out, my knees got really sore. The following day, I hyper-extended my knee doing a high side-kick to the face. I've hyper-extended my knee before; however, this time my knee is not healing! It's been a month and I feel no improvement. I can't stand on the leg with the injured knee, while doing a kick, nor can I fully extend my leg doing a kick. It feels so stiff and my leg with the injured knee seems longer than my other leg. :???: what do i do! I'm I disabled for life? ---_---

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I will give you some general advice. )There are plenty of knowlegeable who will chime in I'm sure)

1. Get 8-9 FULL hours sleep (this is more important than anyone realizes.

2. DO NOT fully lock your knee out until it has a chance to heal. (this applies to whether or not it is the supporting leg.

3. No deep knee bends! tell your instructor about your injury so he doesn't give you a hard time.

4. before each workout carefully warm up by doing the "bicycle" exercise while on your back or some other non-stress warmup.

after each workout or whenever you have time, ice the knee till it becomes semi numb and proceed to massage till the pain returns. repeat 2 or three times.

5. you might consider taking a Glucosamine/Condroitin suppliment till your knee improves.

I would suggest a couple days of complete rest or at the very least extremely light activity (like swimming for example)

The possibility exists that you may have damaged the cartilage or connective tissue and it may require seeing a physical therapist specializing in sports injury.

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

Better go to a Dr. knees are the one thing you don't want to mess with. I would guess based on what you said you have tore ligaments. However Im ot Dr. but you better get it looked at ASAP.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I friend of mine did the same thing to her kneee sparring in a tourny. She was out for 3 months. She had to have surgery on her knee. She's back to class, but she wears a brace, and she takes it easy during class (no jumping, ect).

Laurie F

One of the drawbacks to navy seal type training and workout is the distances involved in the running part. It is also common during seal training for recruits to wash out because of problems developed during the intense training. Stress fractures are very common.

As you have just learned any type of a running program should gradually build up distance.

You may just possibly have to train a bit more on strengthening the tendons and ligaments of your knees before you tackle that specific workout again. If someone is supremely weak in the knees, its not that its a muscular problem you need to strengthen your tendons and ligaments to the point that the pain goes away.