• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

heatwave/fuilds

taezee

just a reminder to those of you who train hard during the summer...keep the fluids coming..there have been a few instances of heat stroke at my school and you may have heard of the ravens football player that died suddenly last weak due to heat stroke..if its too hot like its been here in new york for the last week..take it down a notch..gatorade is your friend :smile:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yes .in the heat and places that stay hot, like florida where it's hot and humid all the time, hydration is very important...... so always keep that in the back of your mind......if your thirsty it's usually close too to late....... :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

We are also feeling the heat this week and I have noticed a drop in my class attendance but it is important to drink water before, during and after your workouts. If you workout longer than 90 min. nutrients other than water get depleted and then drinking a gatorade will restore those nutrients to healthy levels.

Also be conscious of your heart rate. Determine your THR (target heart rate) from a monitor or chart and always be aware of how you feel when you exercise. If you feel dizzy or lightheaded, stop immediately and rest.

...kepp room temp to 70-72 deg. C. The instructor in the class before mine works out with the ac at 60 and this really is unhealthy for the muscles. Cold temperatures increase the stress placed on soft tissues by reducing their range of motion and flexibility.

So drink alot and keep it comfy!

...coldfront coming thru the northeast today!

Peace,

Deby

A ravens player died too?! I thought it was just Korey Stringer from the Vikings (heat stroke) and the MI college player (asthema). Please be careful when you train people, drink lots of fluids.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

im sorry youre correct it was the vikings..thank you

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• 10 months later...

FYI: If any one is trying to loose weight than don't drink gatorade, drink water, lots and lots of water. I try to take in at least a half a galon if not an entire galon a day. If you have dark urine than you don't have enough fluids in you. For real intense workouts gatorade is OK. It is everywhere and tastes good so alot can be taken in but always drink water too.

Semper Fi