• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Forearm Building

Truestar

I do different types of pullups and chinups - using your own bodyweight against gravity.

One variation that has really been effective is wrapping a towel around the pullup bar and gripping the towel to do pullups. It's a killer!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I recommend the Captains of Crush grippers. The original five grippers are the Trainer (100 pounds), #1 (140 pounds), #2 (195 pounds), #3 (285 pounds), and #4 (365 pounds). Most will be fine with a Trainer and a #1, a #2 if you get very strong.

I've heard good things about the Captain of Crush grippers for quite some time now. I've been wanting a tougher gripper than the ones I have now, so I decided to order a #1 gripper to try out. I wasn't sure whether I should start with the trainer or the #1, but since I've already done strength training on my forearms for quite some time now, I decided to start with the #1. If its too tough, then I can just go back and order the Trainer.

I was going to do the same thing actually, I weight train but my forearms are terrible. When I deadlift im sure I can lift more but my grip always gives out.

Im probably going to get the trainer, number 1 and 2. Its cheaper on shipping if I buy more.

Towel Pull ups are also very effective.

My #1 just shipped today, so I should hopefully have it by week's end. I'll let you know what I think of them!

Well, I've had my #1 for a couple weeks now. I definitely like it. I think it was the right starting point for me over the Trainer.

Because of the way they're made, the grips felt a little rough on the hands at first, but once I got used to it, it wasn't bad at all. As far as the effectiveness, I've actually found them challenging. I think they'll be helpful in building forearm strength.

• 3 weeks later...