Ranpu

Biking or Running  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Biking or Running

• Biking
    • Running

I know some people preffer riding a bike to running because i may be easier

on them, I would like to know how many people ride a bike to running and

vica-verca and explain why you preffer that better.

Personally, I like to ride a bike, but it's not as much of a workout, you need to

ride a bike longer to feel the same as if you ran, I don't really like running,

but it is better in my eye's, so I say running

Edited by Ranpu

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I prefer the bike, because it is easier on my knees. My knees aren't that great as it is, so I try not to irritate them by running. I have no doubt, however, that running can be one of the best exercises you can do for your body.

I know some people prffer riding a bike to running because i may be easier

on them, I would like to know how many people ride a bike to running and

vica-verca and explain why you preffer that better.

Personally, I like to ride a ride, but it's not as much of a workout, you need to

ride a bike longer to feel the same as if you ran, I don't really like running,

but it is better in my eye's, so I say running

There should be an option for "both". I do triathlons in addition to martial arts. But, I ran cross country for longer than I raced bikes as individual sports, so I voted for running.

Biking is just as if not more strenuous than running as far as caloric expenditure. If you run at a 10 min/mile pace (6 miles per hour), a 190 lb man will burn ~ 860 calories in an hour. Cycling for an hour at between 14-16 miles per hour burns the same amount.

The best low/non impact activity out there is swimming. Bar none.

John

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I ride a bike, because I consciously got rid of my car. I don't want to *jog* five plus miles carrying a hundred pounds of this and that, but I have no trouble swinging by a bulk store on my way home from the studio four miles away and picking up a 20 pound bag of pet food and two cases of canned goods to carry on my longtail bicycle.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I hate running, it seems to tire me out really quickly but I bike when I can.

Has anyone ever tried a spinning class? My coach made our TKD squad do a 1/2 hour session once during training and it was probably one of the best workouts I've done, really killed my legs.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Has anyone ever tried a spinning class? My coach made our TKD squad do a 1/2 hour session once during training and it was probably one of the best workouts I've done, really killed my legs.

I would like to try a spinnig class, could you link a video or a site on how to

perform it? I never heard of it before

There should be an option for "both". I do triathlons in addition to martial arts. But, I ran cross country for longer than I raced bikes as individual sports, so I voted for running.

Biking is just as if not more strenuous than running as far as caloric expenditure. If you run at a 10 min/mile pace (6 miles per hour), a 190 lb man will burn ~ 860 calories in an hour. Cycling for an hour at between 14-16 miles per hour burns the same amount.

The best low/non impact activity out there is swimming. Bar none.

John

I'll see if I can edit the poll and put a option for both, although with some

votes already cast, it might mess up some of the results

[Edit] I can't change it

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

I would like to try a spinnig class, could you link a video or a site on how to

perform it? I never heard of it before

They have them at most gyms over here, don't know how popular they are elsewhere. Basically its a gym class where everyone is on bikes and the trainer at the front makes you do a set of racing or off-road "courses" to music. Like this.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

They have them at most gyms over here, don't know how popular they are elsewhere. Basically its a gym class where everyone is on bikes and the trainer at the front makes you do a set of racing or off-road "courses" to music. Like this.

Wow, I see how that could really get tiring, I should try it sometime

I actually do both but I prefer running I just seem to get more out of it. Plus it gives me time to myself so I can think whereas biking I have to worry more about traffic.

Semper Fi , Dave

I really enjoy biking. But I tend to run far more for workouts. It's just easier to put together than going biking, that's all.