• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i am new and learning kung fu tell me so tips

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Welcome Rocko.

(Moved to the General Forum, since we do not have a Kung Fu forum currently.)

Hi Rocko :smile:

An easy way to add speed and height on roundhouse and most spinning kicks is to rotate your torso just a bit and let that momentum go into your leg. Other then that practise makes perfect. Just keep at it.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

-Hendrix

Rotate your hips all teh way around, point your support leg's heal at your opponent and keep your leg relaxed. The key to speed is repetition and technique, keep kicking the bags and thai-pads every session at least for 100 times each leg.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 1 year later...
You need to stretch out on a daily program or every other day. Also put a little pulley in the door way, attach a rope through the pulley and tie a loop in the rope and put 1 foot through the loop and pull your leg up as far as you can bare and hold the stretch for about 10 sec or more for a few times, repeat with the other leg. You can do front kick, and side kick stretches.......

hey i suggest stretching about 30 minutes every other day.. but you should only stretch after your workout for 30 minutes because that's when your muscles are nice and warm therefore it's easier to get flexible. you should also stretch after warming up when you start your workout for about 10 minutes, but remember most of it will be lost while you train...at least i think. not just stretching, but also work on your kicking techniques, and do strength exercises(weight lift, push ups, squats, crunches) and run/jump rope to improve endurance.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.