• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NIDAN test - 7th June 2009!!!!!

Good luck.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck and have fun! If it helps, I found my Nidan test to be much easier than my Shodan test.

Joi H.

"Victory does not come from physical capacity- it comes from an indomitable will"- Gandhi

Based upon your origional post am I right in thinking that you are obviously highly graded and felt you are now in an appropriate position to develop your own style of martial art i.e. bear minimum 3rd dan in one art and then say 1st or 2nd dan in another to be able to appropriate more than just the obvious in all arts you are connecting, and that because you are linking to another federation you are wanting to go through each dan grade to prove your worth?

If this is true then with the level of knowledge you have you should not need to go through such a process but I take my hat off to you.

If you have linked two or three arts and are taking a nidan grade in one then I complement you on your decision to consolidate your learning in each art rather than water down many and become a jack of all trades and master of none.

If you are shodan taking your nidan in a single art then you are, humble opinion, not in a position to developyour own art/style.

If you have trained in one art and when you mean the way you teach i.e. combinations you teach etc providing the principles are the same hen it is the school approach not a new martial art that you have developed. 10 out of 10 for asking the why question and for thinking up newq ways of getting the message across but please be careful not to loose the legacy of previous masters learning on the way.

Either way good luck. I too found my Nidan easier not because it was any less tiring or technical purely I think because I thought I already have a black belt so must be doing something right and because I trained myself to death in preparation. Felt after I got it that I must be worthing of 1st Dan if I have 2nd.

Sorry if post comes across negative, not beoing personal just typing quickly etc etc.

Brian

Sensei, Sempai, Kohai

All,

Thank you for you kind words and guidance over the last few months and years.

I thought I'd let you know I passed my Nidan Grading today.

It was really good I feel exhausted lol

I feel really sore in places I've not felt sore in for ages lol.

But well worth it.

I'll add a few photos if I can figure out how to once I get them back of my mate.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Congrats! It always feels good somehow when your sore in places you didn't know you had, don't you think? ;)

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein