• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WHAT DID I DO!!!!

i felt so horrible today! :bawling: my calfs were on fire this morning and i can't even walk right! the problem is that i did 100 calf raises on thursday walked, home, felt nothing on friday, so i decided to help teach, which you do nothing physical really, and still felt nothing, and walked home, but today on saturday i couldn't even walK! i have to walk on my toes, cuz if i put my heel on the ground it.... :bawling: hurts :) anyone knows what's goin on?

proud brown belt of Fushin Ryu style!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I remember a friend who's a former phys ed teacher telling me that she felt greater soreness two days, not the next day, after a really good workout.

It sounds like it's lactic acid buildup ("on fire"), which is normal. I realize you don't think you did a lot, but you were likely working your calves fairly steadily over two days. Assisting in instructing, did you do warmups with the students? You may have been exercising your calves and not have even realized it.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Hot, hot shower/bath; massage; move the hurt area slowly and unloaded while at rest; drink a gallon of water today. (Not all at once, or you'll hurt yourself.)

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

When I used to lift weights all the time I used to call this second day soreness or delayed onset lactic acid, after another day or so it should go away.

Semper Fi , Dave

Sounds pretty normal considering. I'd only worry if it lasted on past a week or so and didn't start to resolve. I'd also be surprised.

Yeah, if I ever really overdo it or do something I'm unaccustomed to - I feel nothing the next day and then it slams you the 2nd day!

Just tested for my orange belt...Tang Soo!

Yeah, I get the 2nd day thing, too.

Its funny, because I used to feel it when I woke up in the mornings. Now that I work nights, I'll go all night and feel fine, and then when I get home, and settle down a bit, its like the soreness just sets in all at once. Kind of a cool feeling, really.

One thing to keep in mind is to stretch a bit after the workout, especially when you work something that much. A bit of stretching can help with that soreness.

I guess now the question is; is the soreness gone? It's been several days, if you haven't seen noticeable improvement you should probably think about the next step...like a doctor.