• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi there. Am back kickboxing again, and was wondering is there anyway of increase the protection on the ribs, ie working abs, bench pressing, to make sure they have the best possible cover? Have had problems cracking bruising them in the past, and wondering is there anything apart from a tighter-guard and some luck I can hope for?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Learn to block with the legs, and have your guard so that u can bring your elbows down to protect them if the need be. I smash my elbows into people's feet when they try and kick my body.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

the ribs are so close to the surface of your body that ther really isnt any training you can do to make them more "tough" they are also very easy to break you just have to practice keeping your guard making sure you dont get hit hard there for even if they dont break the wind will be knocked out of you

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

If you work on your lats and get them really large, you could get some extra muscle protection for the ribs. Even then, it's not that much. To get bigger abs, to pull-down, pull-ups and rowing movements. Other than that, KEEP YOUR ELBOWS IN!

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

My HapKiDo instructor used to cut sick at the students if they didn't tuck their ribs in when we were sparring... I already knew to do it but some didn't and they'd drop their guard.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Welcome Grahamcoleman...:smile:

I believe we are all in agreement here...'the elbows have it". A guy that I spar is known for his deadly blocking elbows so much so that after I spar him ( ad he's intimidating because of it ) I get at least 1 or 2 bruises.

I bruise easily though :blush:...nothing you can do about that !

:pony:

Deby