• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you treat your wounds?

Espina

When my sister was a teenager, she cut her hand pretty good on the palm while visiting our grandparents. My grandpa's remedy was...pour salt into the wound...my sister screamed until our grandpa gave her a clean sock to bite down on. I think the sock was to shut her up, not to help her deal with the pain.

All this time...I thought..."Pouring salt into a wound" was just an old-wifes expression...until I saw it first hand. Better my sister than me!

:o

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect... yes, I think that was very dumb hehehehehe.

One time I was playing soccer (as a goalkeeper) and basketball with my high-school team, so my hands used to be pretty hurt all the time, specially my fingers.

One day playing soccer another guy kick my hand while I was trying to grab the ball. He hit me in my small finger of my left hand.

I was so scared when I looked at my finger and found it pointing the other direction... I tried to relocate it, and then I tried to convince myself that nothing bad happened.

Now a days I'm not totally capable of moving it hehehhe, I didn't want to go to the doctor. Now I regret a lot. Maybe I could have use of mi pinky finger.

With all due respect... yes, I think that was very dumb hehehehehe.

One time I was playing soccer (as a goalkeeper) and basketball with my high-school team, so my hands used to be pretty hurt all the time, specially my fingers.

One day playing soccer another guy kick my hand while I was trying to grab the ball. He hit me in my small finger of my left hand.

I was so scared when I looked at my finger and found it pointing the other direction... I tried to relocate it, and then I tried to convince myself that nothing bad happened.

Now a days I'm not totally capable of moving it hehehhe, I didn't want to go to the doctor. Now I regret a lot. Maybe I could have use of mi pinky finger.

OUCH! Finger injuries are just as bothersome as having an ear ache or a toothache. I hate a jammed finger because it hurts forever. I just can't imagine what it must've felt like to have to have reset your finger...OUCH!

:o

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I passed away hehehhe. I laid conscienceless over the filed for a couple of minutes and then I woke up, not knowing where I was or what happened to me... until I started to feel the pain again heheheheh.

I don't wish this to anyone, not even an enemy.

Ice, later heat. Lots of ibuprophen. I mean lots. I have some topical acetomenaphin from otc in europe that I'm experimenting with as well.

Did I mention ibuprophen?

I remember, when the dentist took out of me 4 teeth that acetaminophen is not a good idea when you are bleeding, since it makes harder for the blood to get solid.

It is a blood thinner for sure. It's part of my cocktail I use for climbing above 10,000 ft. just for that purpose, but that's another story.

Still, it's application for joint and muscule pain is very worthwhile. If I have bleeding that I'm having that much trouble controlling, I'm going to the doctor.

Because I think it has the main component of cartilage

Yeah I can almost see it. But consuming something as delicious as jello having a noticeable and positive impact on my joints? A deeper medical explanation would drive me to heaven. :D