• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ACL Rehab

Hi all. I'm undergoing an ACl reconstruction in 4 weeks on my right knee. I'm a 1st Kyu in Shotokan and would welcome any conversations with people who have undergone similar. I'm aiming at a Shodan grading in December and interested in any rehab programmes around martial arts.

These would be used in conjunction with the medical professionals at physio.

Look forward to any replies

oss!

Mark

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I really do not have any ideas for rehab around acl surgery but you came to a good place. I am sure there has been practitioner here who have under gone the same thing so you will get a lot of good advise here.

I think no.1 piece of advise I can give you is rest it and let it heel and the other one will be listen to your body. You do not want to push your self and undo what has been fixed and lots of ice to help keep inflammation down once your back on your feet.

I wish you good luck with your surgery and keep us posted on your recovery. :karate:

Good advice.

Listen to your therapist and ortho. See if they work any accellerated protocols for athletes. DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU! Not more. And be careful about pushing too soon.

Some will depend on what you're electing for the graft? Do you know if they're using a patellar tendon v. a hamstring v. a cadavar? That will have some impact.

Still, regardless, listen to them and careful about pushing. Good luck and keep us posted.

Welcome to KF by the way!