• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Situps

Traymond

Ok so far

I cut my carbo intake by 3/4

I run the elliptical/treadmill for 2-3 hours total a week

and I average about 2500 situps a week

so far so good, or should I change something?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really watch diet. Just cutting carbs. good but what is your fat an calorie intake.

I would add in some weights training if you have them available if not use your body weight pushups, body weight squats there different verity of them lunges, planks and burpee's which work the whole body and you can make burpees difficult by doing so many in so many minutes. Just an idea.

I would watch cutting the carbs too much, your body still needs fuel. instead I would try to cut fat calories or total calories and up the cardio ,either time or intensity.

Semper Fi , Dave

My fat intake is very low. I eat mostly omega 3 and 6 fats I eat lots of Tuna and Salmon, and the fats that I do eat are mostly unsaturated fats, not saturated. Im not fat...I just cant seem to lose the stomach, its getting smalled but not much.

Sit ups will give you strong abs, not make a gut (like in my case) vanish. I wouldn't do more than 1400 a week, thats 200 a day. Remember you can only push your muscles so far then they are just not going to improve anymore and you're actually doing harm.

The extra weight didn't get there over night, and getting rid of it wont go quickly either. Expect to spend a few months trying things out, then adapting then trying things out again.

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

~Socrates

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.

~Alexander the Great

So if I skip a day should I do 400 the next day to keep it in the same amount per week?

So the overall conclusion is that cardio and calorie burning is really the only thing to slim down the mid section, and let's throw in the thighs for the heck of it. :lol:

Alright, I need some running and jump rope workouts then. Any good routines? :D