• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cardio before weight training

I like Kuma's suggestions though I know jack about diet tips. And the way I see food is that you can eat a pound of lettuce or a pound of butter, either way you're going to gain a pound. May not be an accurate example, but it's what I got.

I'm 6'4" 255. I was 260lbs I know not much of a difference so far and it's been months in the gym and often (3-5 times/week). I try to stay in for about 90 minutes and in one way or another do cardio twice - mainly cause I hate cardio.

Recently though I have been dropping pant sizes and I'm now into a belt loop I havent managed for a year or two. Feels good, and so I feel as though I've "made the turn" and it's motivating! It's diet and exercise, and my diet is to stop eating after 8pm. I'm not perfect about it by no means. At nights when I NEEEED something I try to keep frozen vegetable packets around and steam them up with garlic seasoning or spicy mexican seasonings. I find that helps a craving alot. And there's one other thing that stuck with me, and I cant tell you why but it did this time.

I'll see if I can find it here...hang on...nope.

Well basically it 1) reminded me that the stomach is about fist-sized, so be very aware when you first feel full and at that point stop. If you're thinking "that's gotta be enough" even when your eyes say "no way I barely touched it" then stop. You're not going to starve. 2) Eat every 4 hours or so during the day, and make the even smaller meals count (yogurt, banana, jerky). 3) Are you hungry or thirsty? Learn to find out which signal is which. Listen to your signals cause they often sound alike. You're not going to starve to death.

For some reason it stuck with me this time.

Oh and if you can try to have someone to go through this with. It's much easier that way. Dont get all Rocky or Biggest Loser on us here, but motivation helps a lot.

PS : I run the treadmill but just as often I'll work the step machine. I found the step machines really count off the calories FAST. Just remember to put in your weight when you start if the machine allows it. For me the calorie number tick much faster on the step then the treadmill and it's easier on the body.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic