• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hindu Push ups

Traymond

You should start to do them daily and then when you guys have to do it, your can show them all whose boss!

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our dojo recently started using a different type of arm-workout. First, you begin in pushup position, except instead balancing on hands and toes, your forearms are on the ground, elbows shoulder-width and hands clasped. Then, you shove your arms quickly out so you're in low-pushup position and raise yourself up from the floor. It sounds easy, but I fall over every time I try it. I think I'm lacking in deltoid and pectoral muscles. Probably triceps, too. Anyone know exercises to strengthen these muscles, ones I can do at home without any special equipment? That would really help me out... I want to be able to do the whole workout with my class, and being unable to complete the exercise makes me feel like a weakling.

--

second degree brown belt, American/Shaolin kenpo karate

Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the head like this before.

for pectoral muscles try "diamond" push ups...you should be able to find a nic description on youtube.

For deltoids grab a sack of potatoes and throw them over your shoulder and lift up slowly and let down slowly continue on the other arm as well.

And when you get done working out...make fries...the potassiums good for you. But to bulk up muscle you should eat a portion of carbs before the work out and lots of protein after the work out.

The "spiderman" stuff looks really interesting and quite demanding. I would like to give it a try.

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

~Socrates

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.

~Alexander the Great

It might even give you a bit of praise if you introduce it to your teacher of 'sempai' for a warm up routine...they might be appreciative. When i was a yellow belt I told my teacher we should implement plyometric training..he loved the idea so much he gave me his pair of old shureido sai.

• 5 weeks later...

hindu push ups are for shoulders, diamond are for arms, and spread arms are for the chest. the perfect push-up i'm not sure is necessary. the perfect equivalency would be six count push ups. you know do a normal push up but hold it for six seconds. it really helps depending on what you're working on. like pull your arms closer to work the chest, or spread them farther apart if it's chest.

proud brown belt of Fushin Ryu style!