Music and training

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never listen to my iPod while doing weights for the same reason as R.Lewis, I just like to concentrate without distraction. When I used to run a lot, I usually let shuffle decide what to listen to, but I preferred good hip-hop, some 80s/90s pop and occasion techno...hey, it works!!!

Welcome to the Forums, Richard.

The techno thing, well, I had an old kickboxing trainer that used to have it on constantly. He thought it was high energy and such....well, i hated it t first but it turns out he was right. It is pretty good to wrok drills to.

To this day, when I'm working a heavy bag I like something along those lines.

I would assume that you only listen to music when you're working out alone, correct? Although I guess when I ran the Salt Lake half marathon with 5000 other people, over half of them had wires in their ears. That seems bizarre to me since I get (and try to give) inspiration to the folks around me.

If I'm lifting I don't listen to music (except whatever is piped at the gym) the wire gets in my way. If I'm running on the road I'll listen to anything with a decent beat but I've gotten into Irish rock lately. If I run in the mountains I won't listen to music, but the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack gets me fired up on the way there.

I always have it on when training alone. I will also pipe it in during sparring days when we're all together.