• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cleans

FitOrDie

Perhaps the most important (if not, top 3 easy) exercises that I never see any posts about. It builds not just strength, but power in the hips. It is the athletic movement! Powerful hips mean better everything: jumping, throwing, punching kicking... This is the only movement that should share the squat's nickname as king of exercises.

So who out there actually cleans, whatever variation? And for those of you who don't, why not?

Increase work capacity over broad time and modal domains. Intensity is key.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

-Sun Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, I end up cleaning pretty frequently. Whatever and whenevr they pop up on the sorkout of the day over on crossfit.

Great core exercise. Highly underrated these days.

I used to spend some time on it, but haven't much recently. I would do some hang clean and some power clean, and sometimes clean and jerk. I have done barbell and dumbell versions. I like the exercise, I just haven't done it in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the gym 3 times per week lately, and all I do are regular cleans, romanian deadlifts, bench presses, military presses, squats, and a few ab exercises.

people there are always on me about never doing isolated biceps, and that ladies like big guns, lol.

I just don't have the time to do a million isolated exercises, so I try and keep it limited to power, and strength down the middle.

I'm in the gym 3 times per week lately, and all I do are regular cleans, romanian deadlifts, bench presses, military presses, squats, and a few ab exercises.

people there are always on me about never doing isolated biceps, and that ladies like big guns, lol.

I just don't have the time to do a million isolated exercises, so I try and keep it limited to power, and strength down the middle.

Fantastic! If I might suggest pull-ups. Can't get enough of those.

-Sun Tzu

Oh, here's a question for everyone. Don't you think "big guns" are just for other guys, anyway? I have found that the ladies like lean, fit looking bodies. In fact, in all my experience with the ladies, and I've been out with a few... and none of them ever cared about my biceps, or even looked that them.

-Sun Tzu