• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?

How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?

• 16 and Under
    • 17 to 21
    • 22 to 29
    • 30 to 39
    • 40 and above

I was curious about the approximate age of the martial artists here on this site.

Actually wondering how many of us over 40s are still out there training...just curious. If it's too personal, don't respond. :)

Thanks!

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was curious about the approximate age of the martial artists here on this site.

Actually wondering how many of us over 40s are still out there training...just curious. If it's too personal, don't respond. :)

Thanks!

Yep,

Still alive and very much kicking and I am past the 40 mark.

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

I still sneak into the 22-29 category...for another 4 months! lol

I was an adult when I started training (19 - oh my gosh, have I really been doing martial arts for 10 years? Doesn't seem that long!) and it has been one of my main 'regrets' that I wasn't allowed to train as a child as my first club had more kids than adults and I've always felt a bit since then that I've forever been playing 'catchup', especially in terms of flexibility and the like. :-/

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I'd hate to be the youngest one here :lol:

..........and I'd hate to be the OLDEST !! :lol: :lol:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

35, so I kicked that segment off. In march I'll hit 36 and mark my 20th year in training. So I've been in those other divisions :) , just not anymore :(

It's the recovery time I've noticed the most so far. Still pretty stong and fast, but man I hurt the next day. Not so much hard sparring these days either, fewer session and further between. It derfinalty takes more ibuprophen to keep me running for sure.

I've found I have to be smarter with my training in the post-30 era. I'll probibly have to make adjustments as I go on as well, not just to my training, but to the game plan as well.