• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Downloading Music

joesteph

Downloading Music  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Downloading Music

• I only download music. I don't buy CDs.
    • I download music and regularly buy CDs.
    • I download music and rarely buy CDs.
    • I don't download music. I prefer CDs.
    • I don't download music or buy CDs. If I want music, I play the radio.

Do you, or a family member, download music? I download, but only to my PC.

I had been using Jukebox in the past, .99 a song, and then it was bought out by Yahoo. It stayed at .99 a song, but Yahoo's had its problems, so it's now Rhapsody. The new company wanted me to "join" for a year at a monthly rate, and I decided against it.

I thought that iTunes was only for iPods, but my students explained to me that I could download to my PC, and there's no membership fee. It's .99 a song.

When I found that I could download music videos as well as music, I was pleasantly surprised. I've been downloading during the Xmas-New Year's break, and it's been fun.

Do you download music? Music videos? Just to an iPod or to the PC, too? Did you join a service, or do you do as I'm doing, no membership involved?

Poll above OP

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I pretty much just listen to the radio. My wife has Sirius in her car, but otherwise, I just hear the local stations. I buy a CD every now and then, but not very often.

Mostly download songs, usually from Amazon but sometimes from other places. Will usually buy the CD though if I want the whole album, I just like having the hard copy.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I got an MP3 player recently so I have started downloading music more than I used to. I get my songs from Amazon.

If I want a whole album I will still buy a CD. Plus, some of the music I want I can't find on Amazon, so I buy the CD. However, I don't buy a lot of CD's anymore.

Ed

I download music and regularly buy CDs. I just like owning CDs. I like the booklet, the artwork, etc. Beyond that, I use iTunes and Amazon MP3. I tend to use iTunes if they have an exclusive or if it is only available on iTunes. If not that, I'll use Amazon MP3. But, if it is available on CD and there is no difference between the CD and digital releases, I'll get the CD.

Even when I download music, I back it up onto CD, as well, just in case.

Music is sort of a hobby for me. :) I buy/have bought tons of stuff, spanning CD, vinyl, cassette and digital. I'm a collector of music released by Bad Boy Entertainment, so I'm always on the look out for stuff. I even have a USB turntable so that I can put my vinyl records on my MP3 player and computer. Just something I enjoy. :)

Patrick

I even have a USB turntable so that I can put my vinyl records on my MP3 player and computer. Just something I enjoy. Patrick

Patrick, how's the sound quality of those things? I thought about getting one to transfer all my old records over to my mp3 but I keep hearing mixed reactions.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Tiger1962

The sound quality is pretty good in my experience. Not as great as a normal mp3 you'd like from Amazon or from a CD, even, but pretty good, once you find your way around. :)

Patrick