• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One hundred push ups.

Ozpunker

I'm having similar problems with week 5, Patrick. I finished up day 3 of week 5 tonight, but just barely. When I test out next, I'll probably be just bumping up the tier for week 5. But, I like the way my arms are feeling now.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's good. I'm not sure when I'll get out of week 4. It feels like it might never happen. :lol: But, I'll keep at it.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh, pushups.

Not to sound like a preachy old man, BUT...as far as Martial Arts are concerned - pushups are the cornerstone of discipline upon which the Arts are built.

Keep at this program, you guys! Go get it!

Try this as well if you like - do sets of ten pushups, (or five or two) do these sets all day. As many times as you can. After going to the bathroom, before eating, when you laugh, anytime during the day. Do them all day, every day. Just doing sets like this will increase your optimum number in a few short months.

Think of it this way....are you going to do Martial arts for a long time? If you are, might as well start doing the extra pushup sets as a regular habit. Especially when you're tired. Do them fast and do them nasty.

Keep this in mind as well...

Jack Lalane set a world record of 1,033 push-ups in 23 minutes 50 seconds at the age of 42. If you young guys don't know who he is, look him up.

Now go do some pushups right now. No, really, go ahead.

• 2 months later...