• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

excersizes

Ranpu

I have no equipment, and I do all types of push ups, sit-ups, and crunchs, and a few other excerszes, but I was wondering, are there other things I could do for a good warm up?

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I have no equipment, and I do all types of push ups, sit-ups, and crunchs, and a few other excerszes, but I was wondering, are there other things I could do for a good warm up?

Sure, it just takes a little creativity...

Hmmm, let's see, warm-ups you can do without equipment are:

jog in place, do jumping jacks, lunges, if you have a jug of water or sack of potatoes or similar, use that to do alternate arm lifts to warm up your muscles, run up and down the stairs....those are just a few ideas. :)

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I know, I'm a broken record...

Check out crossfit.com

On their "exercises" section there are a ton of bodyweight exercises and stuff you can do with minimal room and equipment. Or equipment that you can construct yourself for very little.

They'll also have segments dedicated to stringing those together for a more total workout. Check out the FAQ about the "offical crossfit warm up" or such. It's really good in and of itself.

It should get the creativity flowing.

I'm a little confused by your use of "warm up" as what you describe sounds more like a "work out'. At the risk of sounding like a broken record also, what's your objective in doing these exercises and do you do them just before a class or at other times? (and I'm not being facetious gang, I'm just lazy. I don't do exercise without a firm reason in mind :D)

yea, I should've been more clear, because the dojo I went to closed a while ago, I have been practicing everything I'v learnt, but I want to do other things beside push-ups, etc. I want somthing harder and has better benifits in builting strong muscle

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

For something prepackaged, you might want to go to Menshealth.com and do a search on "the tar heels workout". It's a pretty good all-around core workout using a medicine ball (if you don't have one, a thick phone book will work or a sturdy jug of water or .....). The workout is actually more difficult than it looks at first pass.

As comment, if you think about training motion not muscle, you can usually come up with some way to do resistance training. For example, a pushup is really training the push away from you motion, a chin up the pull myself up motion, a dip the push myself up motion, a squat lift the push something up motion and so on. Simply be creative in adding any kind of resistance (body, bands, balls, bars, bells, books, etc :D) to the motion and you're training :)

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

You have forgotten the squat, the king of exercises!

And vertical/horizontal jumps.

Oh, crunches are a terrible waste of time, do situps, L-holds, and rollouts on an ab wheel. (I know you said you have no equipment, but PM me and I'll tell you how to make one for about 5 bucks.)

Anyway, let me reinforce squats one more time!

Increase work capacity over broad time and modal domains. Intensity is key.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

-Sun Tzu