• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Acupuncture Treatments

Tiger1962

It actually doesnt hurt when they do it to you, it hurts when they pull them out actually, especially when they hit you with it in the chin or on the bridge of the nose.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm a HUGE needlephobe :bawling:

I hear you there. I hate needles, and don't like shots, blood draws, etc. No way am I volunteering for acupuncture!

I am extremely against blood....thats why I hate the doctors, anything where blood comes out I do not like it...luckily with acupuncture blood very rarely comes out, unless your with someone who does not know what they are doing, then you better watch out, especially the ones who watch way to many movies with people actually tapping the needle down with their finger tip...that hurts, and it goes to deep sometimes and then blood comes out

But if the person know what they are doing then, their wont be any blood shed.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

Ykes!! This is why I don't think I'd ever try it. LOL

I was very curious to hear from those who have though. :D

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I have tried it, and for me it was surprisingly helpful. One day, I was practicing heian sandan, and when I came down to do the first stomp, I heard and felt a loud pop or snap from my back, and I'm not sure what happened, but my back was quite painful for quite awhile. My doctor actually recommended a chiropractor, and the chiropractor did acupuncture.

I was quite skeptical initially, but two acupuncture treatments worked better for my back than any chemical. Although I'd been improving through physical therapy, acupuncture did a really good job of getting me back to normal -- pain-free most of the time.

When they put the needles in, I hardly felt about half of them. Of the rest, a few hurt like little pinches, but they don't go in that deep. For me, I didn't really feel any tingling or anything, and, after the first session, thought it had been a waste of time, until I began to move about and realized the pain had gone.

I can't personally attest to its effectiveness for illnesses and such, but my experience made me a believer.

----

Hmm. Hello. This is the floor. How did I get here?

I have tried it, and for me it was surprisingly helpful. One day, I was practicing heian sandan, and when I came down to do the first stomp, I heard and felt a loud pop or snap from my back, and I'm not sure what happened, but my back was quite painful for quite awhile. My doctor actually recommended a chiropractor, and the chiropractor did acupuncture.

I was quite skeptical initially, but two acupuncture treatments worked better for my back than any chemical. Although I'd been improving through physical therapy, acupuncture did a really good job of getting me back to normal -- pain-free most of the time.

When they put the needles in, I hardly felt about half of them. Of the rest, a few hurt like little pinches, but they don't go in that deep. For me, I didn't really feel any tingling or anything, and, after the first session, thought it had been a waste of time, until I began to move about and realized the pain had gone.

I can't personally attest to its effectiveness for illnesses and such, but my experience made me a believer.

Thanks! I'm glad it worked for you and I'm glad it didn't hurt like crazy.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert