• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

advice

Ranpu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thats a pretty manageable number, I think. A garage or a good sized basement would work, and on nice days, an out-of-the-way place at the park would be a great workout.

well, my friend, he has a garage that we can use, its decent size, but the floor is concrete, and we need pads incase a person falls, and we cant purchase off the internet... thats the only issue now

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

Pads are nice for throwing and takedowns, but if you don't work on that stuff, then the garage would work well.

You can do breakfalls on hard flooring; it just makes you learn that much quicker...

One thing I've seen used to some success, and I've used for certain applications are the thinner foam mats used as flooring for home workout rooms.

You can get them at Sports Authority or even Wal mart from time to time. You can snap them together and then use mat tape to hold them together. They won't take heavy impact, that 's for sure. But they should help in case of an accidental fall. You can even grapple on them provided you start from a down position.

It's a viable alternative to buying heavy mats. If you're going to be throwing though, it's a good idea to suck it up and get some form of wrestling mat.

Try Harbor Freight Tools instead. Price is roughly 1/2 of Sports Authority, etc when on special (i.e. $6 vs. $12 per pack). I use them on my weight floor and as a little extra padding under my folding mats. As Tallgeese says they aren't real strong but do provide at least some cushion. As they're relatively cheap, they're fairly easy to replace if torn, smushed (a technical term that :D), or wear out.

Hope this helps. :D

Good source info. I've got a little expansion going on of my basement space and I'm planning to cover the bag area with the stuff. Half the price is always a good deal.

thanks guys, this really helps, now I just need to look around for them, then we can start practicing :D

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me