• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wall as boxing bag?

GhostFighter

There are several options mentioned above that essentially say mount something on the wall and then hit that rather than the wall. That suggestion will work, however, I'd point out you need to be aware of the structural integrity of your wall vs. your punching power. Heavy hitters have punching power measured in THOUSANDS of pounds while wall integrity in measured in hundreds and even in tens when hitting structural members sideways (their weakest direction). Thus, I'd suggest using the wall simply to keep something upright rather than supply structural support (i.e. put some heavy lumber between the striking surface and the wall to spread the impact out). This doesn't begin to talk about kicking power.

My two cents.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well what kind of wall are we talking about?. Concrete Basement wall? Plaster wall...what kind?. It all depends on the wall. If its concrete than you wont have much problems with it at all. Especially if you use something thats shock absorbing like a serta sleep mattress, but you will still get the cartiledge built up in your wrist along with nice calcium deposits.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

sure it will work we had pads against a concrete wall at my karate studio and i hit it a lot without injury. make sure you use proper technique and you should be good

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"