• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lactid Acid

Traymond

Thanks for the advise, Fit. I don't mind getting sore at all; I kind of like it at times; it let's me know I have been working, at least. There are times, though, that is seems like I don't get sore, and others when I do.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah I dont mind soreness either..I started this thread to help my students out...they get sore alot, I tell them without pain dont expect to get black belt level, but they never listen...they are constatly trying to vitamins.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• 3 weeks later...

Getting sore is related to over-exertion. However you try to explain it. Your body wants to work to a nice comfy state. If you vary the intesity in a workout or change your workout in any way, your going to get sore. If you stay with the same workout day after day, your body gets used to it, no more soreness. But, for me, to improve, some soreness is necessary.

One thing to remember though, there is a difference between soreness and pain. I've been a muscle-head for a long time, and I've had both.

Im taking a human anatomy and physiology class so i can tell about lactic acid and how to get rid of it. First off, lactic acid is not a myth. It is "pyruvic acid generated during glycolysis" that then converts to lactic acid. This happens because your body runs out of ATP, oxygen, and glucose energy. The only way to prevent lactic acid build up is to constantly work out. although lactic acid will still be present, it will be in less quantities. To get rid of lactic acid after a workout, Make sure to stretch while breathing deeply. Oxygen must enter the worn out muscles and the only way for this to happen quickly is to stretch. On the other hand, protein shakes or anything with protein will help the muscles build up better; therefore causing the time lactic acid is present to lessen. hope that helps.

Hon-Shin-Do=The way of the True Heart

Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go untill they think they are going to collapse. but the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further beyond all limits. Only when all these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached.

If i remember correctly, calcium helps regulate muscle contractions which can help reduce lactic acid. If i'm wrong though, you atleast get strong bones, so it works either way.

Currently a Blue Belt in AKKI Kenpo