• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Puppy Training

Shotokan-kez

I'm jealous...my wife finally put and end to my whining for a dog. However, she did consent to a new motorcycle :) .

LOL - well at least there is no house-breaking or wee-wee pads for that ! :lol:

Congrat's ! :D

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 9 month old German Shepard, had the chewing on every thing including me Bitter Apple spray works well if you rember to apply it everyday. And handing them there chew toy when they try to chew on you. Now my rugs on the other had are different story it is my older but flighter German Shepard that does that and I can not correct her for it, because she is scarred of everything, she had a bad start in life before we got her.

Crate training is great, my younger German Shepard has the winning all night syndrome to so she is in the garage at night we still can hear her sometimes so I'm guessing since it is sometime she is getting better. we tryed to bring in the house at night over the summer but she would here my other dog moving around or drinking or eatting and start barking. so she went back out to the garage.

I would not recomend giving your dog and article of your clothing because the next thing you know they are getting in to your dirty clothes and chewing them up because you established it is are right you gave me that sock or that shirt, just a thought.

As for weeing going pretty good (knock on wood) when she gets excited we have a little dribble like when we but on her pincher and leash or on our way to the door when it has been a couple of hours. But I read a article and our dog trainer agree with this that a dog is not completly potty train until they are over a year old.

As for getting on furniture you have to enforce it. when they get on it get them off and say off or know.

My dog has a bad habit of jumping on me when she greets me I do not mind it but if my 70 something grandmother would come over I do not want her to jump on her thats rude so I have a word off and she does pretty good with that. It is hard to train it when I do not get a lot of company with being so buzy in all. But I use the same principle with the furniture. Ido not have a problem with my couch it is me that she like sit on, she think she is a 100 pound lab dog.

My girl is a Terrier Mix, i have no idea what kind of terrier or what else is in her, i just know she is the most gorgeous girl in the world :lol: I am having some problems though, she has started showing signs of aggression...only when she is doing something she shouldnt and gets stopped, she tends to snap. She doesn't do it to me, just my partner and my kids...which is a worry. It's like she's trying to take her place in the home and is testing the bounderies, but so far my methods are working and she is getting better.

She is having her last Jab on Thursday and i can't wait because i will be able to take her for a walk...she has so much energy to burn! :D

Good luck with the puppy classes Ninjanurse, can't wait to take Tish to them.

Brian we had a Boxer once she was called Sally, sadly she died before her time but we adored her, Boxers are a fab breed.

P.S what is a crate?

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Thanks. A crate is a small dog cage that serves as the pups "bedroom" when you are away, etc. Keeps them and your house safe! We use ours when we are away from the house...he likes it to get away and snuggle in.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Puppy classes are a great idea when they're available to you. I have friends heavily involved in the dog world (competition and training), and they swear by them. Not only can you learn stuff, but it's a great way to socialize your dog, to people and other dogs.

Sorry I don't have any specific advice. When they talked about training, I guess I tuned them out more than I thought! :)

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

If I was home more, I'd get a dog again...reading all this makes me remember the old days & want one... :)

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I said I would not have another dog after my lab died, he was my baby. I called him my first born. I told my husband before we got married that he was not moving me away with out a dog. He brought me home a dog next time he came home on leave.

Then where my husband works at now had a german shepherd puppy running wild there and they called in a dog catcher to trap her but he manage to trap her in a room and brought her home about a 6months after we got her my lab start to feel his years and his health went down hill and he passed away and she morn. If it was not that we already had her I really do not think I would of got another dog.

Now I got 2. :P My son wanted a dog that was not scared of him and that would play with him.

Aww lovely doggie stories! :) My pup is 12 weeks old now and she went for her first walk yesterday. She had a brilliant time, walking her on her lead was hard though, she was all over the place with no sense of direction, she kept tangling herself up in my legs :lol:

She was very excited though, everytime she saw another person or dog, even the blowing leaves excited her! Puppy classes start on Tuesday next week, i can't wait, it should be a barrel of laughs. :lol:

have any of you introduced a puppy to an adult pet cat? My cat Peggy is quite happy to ignore Tish but Tish continues to wind her up. i wouldn't mind but Tish has been on the sharp end of Peggys claws lots of times but she still goes back for more. :o

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk