• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Deadliness of the Down Block!

unknownstyle

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't use one at all really in the traditional sense. If it's pressure point striking that kyusho refers to then I've seen downward hammerfist type motions with the forearms to various nerve clusters but I'm not sure I'd call it a block. Then again, that's not my area of expertise.

i did mean in that sense as well, but using the chamber alone is has amazing applications as far as kyusho goes.

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

If it's pressure point striking that kyusho refers to then I've seen downward hammerfist type motions with the forearms to various nerve clusters but I'm not sure I'd call it a block.

i did mean in that sense as well, but using the chamber alone is has amazing applications as far as kyusho goes.

Unknownstyle, is this video what you're referring to:

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/videos/135

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I use a downward block at times in sparring, when kicks tend to get to the lower abdomen level. It could also have a use of striking the groin with a hammerfist.

The video is a fair example on a very basic level. Their is truly so much more. Which is what I meant on the post about favorite Kata's, how many people use the Kata and the techniques in them?

Practice makes permanent, not perfect.