• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looking for a good karate picture or two

Toptomcat

I'm doing up a poster to recruit for my college's Karate club. The layout's pretty good, but I need a good centerpiece- a great picture that will draw people in and make them say 'wow, I should give this a try'. It can be clipart, a drawing, a photograph, whatever- so long as it looks good. Google has failed me- can you guys help me come up with anything?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm doing up a poster to recruit for my college's Karate club.

I wonder if you could go to the AWMA and Century web sites to see if something's there, then contact the merchant regarding what you want to "borrow," agreeing to give credit, such as "Courtesy of ____" in small letters. The AWMA site has, at the bottom of its home page, a statement that nothing can be used without the permission of AWMA--not that nothing can be used. Maybe Century does the same thing. It's worth a try to check out the sites and ask, especially since it also advertises the company.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

You could get your own photos done. Then it would have a bit more of a "personal touch" to it. You'd be able to get exactly what you want too and be able to use the images on any future stuff like merchandise, website etc.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

You could get your own photos done. Then it would have a bit more of a "personal touch" to it.

I was thinking the same thing, DWx. I had a photo of my boys made into a 16" X 20" that I had framed. They're in their do boks in the dojang, with a WaveMaster behind them. I love it.

Toptomcat, you don't have to have something that large made, but you might either use a photo you have, or take a number of shots and choose what you'd like a photo shop to handle, to make a really nice "personal touch" (as DWx said) impact on your club's poster.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu