• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Huge Lump on Shin

jorowi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If since the injury, you've iced it and taken anti-inflammatories and it still bothers you, then I'd suggest seeing a sports medicine doctor for further checking - possibly an x-ray if he feels the need. That's what I would do. Maybe it just needs another week or so. I'm not a doctor but if it really bothers you and the lump won't go away, I'd call one. Feel better.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I have a huge lump on my shin from sparring (elbow to the shin is very effective).

How did it happen while sparring, Jorowi? Was it a block, or perhaps your kick just hit the point of the elbow? (That's a very sharp bone!)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

If since the injury, you've iced it and taken anti-inflammatories and it still bothers you, then I'd suggest seeing a sports medicine doctor for further checking - possibly an x-ray if he feels the need. That's what I would do. Maybe it just needs another week or so. I'm not a doctor but if it really bothers you and the lump won't go away, I'd call one. Feel better.

It was x-rayed about 4 days after the injury. Nothing broken. I haven't iced it every day. I stopped after the pain went away.

MMA Christian - News and information about MMA from a Christian worldview.

Yeah, that will happen.

Keep the ice going post workout for sure. Prior to workouts, you could try some heat to increase the circulation to the area and move some of that stuff out of there. Always ice after activity though. Some anit-inflammatories will help.

Shin bruises like th is are tought to get rid of. Lots of times, the brusing will occur under the tissue coveing the bone. Circulation is very poor here and hence it can take awhile to dissapate.

Try padding the shin as a whole. You can also get some foam and cut a dougnut out to put around the injury. Tape it in place with some stretchy tape and then put a shin pad over the whole thing. This will protect the area quite a bit. Even consider using a hard soccer type shin guard over it for a while, just to prevent incidental contact. Just keep your own shin kicks to a minimum. :)