• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cross Training Question

nanook660

I have been doing Wado Ryu for about 5 months now and I would like to do some Cross Training for Karate. I have yet to ask any of the higher belts in my class what they do.

I would like to build the strength in my arms, shoulders, legs, as I lack strength in these areas.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

The only difference between the possible and the impossible is one's will.

- Hironori Ohtsuka Sensei -

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you have any certified physical trainers in your area, you should think about consulting them. Tell them what you want to improve on, and they should be able to put together a program for you that will benefit what you do alongside the strength training.

I have been doing Wado Ryu for about 5 months now and I would like to do some Cross Training for Karate. I have yet to ask any of the higher belts in my class what they do.

I would like to build the strength in my arms, shoulders, legs, as I lack strength in these areas.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

JUDO, you can build massive strength in all those areas with it..

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

While we're all trying to sell our favorite workouts Throwdown :) , I'll put in my 2 cents for a sight called crossfit.com

It's an excellent resource for core strengh and it's the best thing I've had happen for my ma conditioning in years. You just have to ignore some of the more militant members :) .

It's worth checking out.