Eager To Learn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my honest opinion, its sounds ridiculous.. Trying to prove a "superior" style of Karate? once again, its not the style, its how its taught.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

"Trying to prove a "superior" style of Karate? once again, its not the style, its how its taught."

Totally agreed, I think its quite disrespectful to Karate in general to be honest as from the little I know I assumed "we" were all part of the same "family" and should therefore be respectful to one another :roll: .

As opposed to challenging each others styles.

"Trying to prove a "superior" style of Karate? once again, its not the style, its how its taught."

Totally agreed, I think its quite disrespectful to Karate in general to be honest as from the little I know I assumed "we" were all part of the same "family" and should therefore be respectful to one another :roll: .

As opposed to challenging each others styles.

exactly.. :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

I think the challenge is meant to be disrespectful to hit the ego of the grand masters so they will fight against him.

If he want to test his "superior" fighting skill he can just go into any competitions.

As Throwdown0850 and Eager To Learn said, I do not think one style is better than other, its either better teacher or better practitioner.

Big alarm bells are ringing in my head here!

Don't like the approach or the content. It goes against everything that karate/budo stands for.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough?

I think it is a Finnish website as far s I can see, that perhaps does not translate too well.

I guess we give them the benefit of the doubt, but to be honest, I can save everybody's time really as I know who the best Karate-ka in the world is...?

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

Ok. I'm in! Unfortunately, there's no way for me to contact them. It just issues the challenge and lets it stand. No info on date, time, place or how to register. I also couldn't find the rules. Also, how are the 5 representatives selected...solely on the basis of being Japanese? Interesting. It actually seems pretty dumb in my opinion. A publicity stunt that can never be verified or disproved.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Ok. I'm in! Unfortunately, there's no way for me to contact them. It just issues the challenge and lets it stand. No info on date, time, place or how to register. I also couldn't find the rules. Also, how are the 5 representatives selected...solely on the basis of being Japanese? Interesting. It actually seems pretty dumb in my opinion. A publicity stunt that can never be verified or disproved.

In the last paragraph he explain how to contact him by selecting the "yhteydenotto" link at the bottom and the page and he tells you what to put in which box.

I agree that there is not much information on the challenge itself but the "*" next to the rules without any explanation anywhere is strange.