What Fees are you Paying for Training

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many here, I don't pay dues. I teach and travel for seminars and such. However, the school fee is around $100 per month for a possibility 6 days of training per week. Each BJJ class lasts around 2.5 to 3 hours.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Mine works out a bit weird. If you pay in advance the sessions are £3.50 each but then you get discounts for having family members training too. I think it works out to around £35 a month for me for 2 sessions a week. But then alternate weeks I train 2hrs on a Sunday too but because I pay that as I go its £5 an hour. The other 2 Sundays in a month I go squad training which is £10 for 3hrs. Our dojang also gives you discounts off of equipment, insurance and stuff too depending on how many sessions a week you get a bigger discount.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Both of the Shorin Ryu schools that I am at charge $5 per class. One class meets twice per week, the other once.

The Aikido school that I'm hopefully returning to soon (my schedule isn't very fun right now) charges $65 per month, but, you can attend as many classes in a week that you are able (which is at most 7 right now).

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

I pay $25.00 a month for Karate lessons, 4 times a week.

The Kung Fu school charges $5.00 a day, which means, you can take every activity the gym have that day for that amount, ex. you can take the kung fu class, the sanshou class, tai chi class, boxing class, lift weights, use the cardio machines, whatever you want that day for $5.

The school I was attending was $65 for Tang Soo Do, $110 for sword or Hapkido. Of course, you had testing fees, uniforms, equipment, etc. I also attended a BJJ school, $80 a month. The training was excellent, but it was a drive for me, and fuel costs ultimately won out there. Overall, between $60 and $80 a month is the range in western Pennsylvania, in my experience.

I pay $130/month plus an additional $40 for private lessons for both Shaolin-Do Kung Fu and Tai Chi. I can go as often as I want. Currently I attend about 10 classes a week

• 4 weeks later...