• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yon-kyu and two new black belts.

Yesterday I began, and passed, my examination for purple belt. Feels good to have tied on that new obi! The 5 months as green belt felt like enternity. The test was rather fun though (People call me stupid for enjoying testing). I was suprised by the fact that one of my instructor's instructor's Ni-dans (who I keep in regular contact with) was my head grader. She drove (I believe) 6-7 hours to come to the testing. Ran through the basics, kicks, all 5 kata, and 2 weapons katas then a tough bit of kumite the black belt testing began. A junior black belt test and a black belt test were being conducted that day. They both passed and joined the family of black belts at the dojo. Great, but long day and after the test the Burger King was well appreciated. (tested on an empty stomach). After class some of the karate group went to Cracker Barrel to get social enjoy the times. All around a good day but needless to say, I am sore and tired.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 months later...

That's how I usually feel after testing. Sore, tired, starving but a tremendous feeling of relief and accomplishment. All I want to do is eat and go home and sleep after a test! LOL

Congratulations to you!!

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert