• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Knee injuries

Anyone have or know of temporary relief for knee injuries till I see my doctor later this week?

What happened was, not sure if I aggravated while working, but like I always do got home from work. Put on my work out clothes and headed to the track.

Ran bout a lap and my knee just gave out. Been feeling real good till then about being able to run again since my back surgery almost 4 yrs ago.

I work for the cable company so I am on my knees alot, carrying ladders and spools of wire and what not. So pretty much I am always active and moving and lifting heavy things.

Thanks for any advice :D

Oh yeah, tried icing, taking hot bath in epsom salt. been taking aleve. Ran out of mineral ice though. been staying off both knees when I get home as much as possible.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I use to injure myself frequently during sports, and I made the mistake of trying too do too much too quickly. The result is that whenever I go into my forward fighting stance (a million times a day), I wake up, or it's going to rain, my right ankle hurts. It probably will never be the same.

So my advice is to take it very easy when you can was, but doing some mild movements to keep it limber. Hot and cold (alternatively) compresses will help alleviate pain and swelling. I know you already said you did this but don't underestimate in the long run. It never hurts after all.

If you have to be active on it (life stops for nothing), I would at least try to get some sort of a brace or wrap to reduce too much radical motion on it.

I also found that icy-hot works wonders. I played a whole volleyball season (starter/in the whole game) with a torn rotator cuff in my serving shoulder. Once again, icing/heat, massage, and icy-hot helped alot.

I know I just rambled a lot but honestly those things really have worked for me in my sport injuries.

Sensei: I need you to look angrier.

Me: But I'm so happy to be here!

Try ice, compression, and elevation. Stick to the basics. You can dose up advil or ibuprophen up to 3 advil, 3 times per day, for 3 weeks. This will gt you to the appointment. That amount of advil will be equal to an anti-inflammitory that you could get via perscription like vioxx or celebrex.

Not a doctor or anything, just had bad knees for a while :) .

Thanks

I've been wearing a brace on my one knee, still need to get another one for other knee which has been helping on the support.

I been trying to do easy stretches but it feels like its pulling on my knee cap just dont want to get all tight.

Well appt is tomorrow, find out what I did to myself this time.

My knees bother me, too. I have never injured them, but they are beginning to wear out. I take gluecosimine/chondroitent, and it helps some, but whenever I do too much with them, they scream at me. Sometimes I take some ibuprofen to help, but I think mainly I just need to lose some weight.

Well doc took some xrays to make sure I didnt damage them too bad. Basically I twisted them. She said I more or less sprained them which didnt make sense to me.

Have to keep doing what I said I was doing but need to wear two braces to help keep them from rotating too much. Found one I really liked made by Ace. Has a gel cushion around the knee cap area. My doctor liked them as well.

Have to cut out my jogs for now but I can keep doing my walks and normal work out routine at least.

Dont feel bad bushido I need to lose some more weight myself. Been trying to get back down to where I use to weigh in at before I moved here.

My doctor was afraid I might have developed someform of knee injury illness where the medical term excapes me for the moment. She did give me some 800mg Ibuprofen, said I was taking too much advil/aleve.

Least I dont have to worry bout surgery like I did with my back.