• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where and who are the Shotokan guys on here now?

G95champ

Yeah no question a good move of Funakoshi's part to switch them.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you all teach the nature translation of the Heian series in your application?

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

No, prob not lol.

Each one of the Heian kata stands for one of 5 differant elements in nautre.

Earth

Water

Fire

Wind

Void (aka the unknown)

A cool, I'll be reading over it soon actually. but for now i believe its bed time.

I'll ask Sensei tomorrow about the nature translation. I'm sure he is aware of it, and with my luck was absent the day he went over it.. or he may have just not. You never know.

Nidan is one of my favorite Kyu grade kata's, my other fave being Yondan. Mainly because of the kicks in them, i like the thrust and the snap kicks. Sounds like you may have a different rank system to us. Nidan is our red belt kata and thats the 2nd belt up after orange, then comes yellow with Sandan. :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Most schools have differant color belts it really don't mean anything.

I have read and constanly read shotokan books including Funakoshi's KDK. However, I learned this translation from a web site called 24 fighting chickens. It not longer exists. Well it does but its a pay web site and Ive not been there in some time.

I do have another book that goes into this Ill have to check the name and the writter but Ill get back to you on it if your intrested.