• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where and who are the Shotokan guys on here now?

G95champ

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right here!!

I train at the Shotokan Karate Academy under Sensei Larry Vernon, and I believe we are affiliated with the JKA unless I have been told wrong. Which I don't believe I have. :)

Clash were are you at in the US

Shotokan-kez yes its been about 6 months since I was last here.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

What rank are you now?

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

9th kyu, as explained in my coming back post.. i would be at least 8th kyu by now but I went through a period of inactivity in my training. :-) either way I'm still VERY new to the art compared to many other people.

So your training Heian Shodan?

Heian Nidan actually, Heian Shodan and Taikyoku Shodan we're on my test for yellow belt.

I believe on my next test for 8th Kyu I will have to know Heian Nidan of course adn I'll hav eto preform Heian Shodan once again...

Then it's on to Heian Sandan which I'm looking forward to.

Ok so you do both TS adn HS for your first belt.

Heian Nidan IMO is the hardest of the 5 Heian kata because its so diffferant than anything you have done up to that point.

I can only imagine how hard it was to learn before Funakoshi swtiched it to 2nd in line from first.

Most of my kids like Heian Sandan the best as well.

Yes, I was talking to a only mmo friend from Finland. His style practices the "Pinan" kata with Nidan being the first...

so yeah I personally would find that very hard since Nidan is so radically different that Shodan..