• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training at Home

tallgeese

I a gym in my basement. That is matted and my husband and I practice in it. The ceilling is low the 71/2 ft. its the main support that my huppy has issues with it sits a little lower. we have our heavy bag hanging there benches, treadmill, bike. olpitcal, free weights, and a golds gym squat rack and cable machine. and a chin up bar. When practice weapons we use the garage or do them outside when its nice.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I train in my shed which is about 4x4 meters. I hang my bag there and can get some good training in, conditioning, and have some freinds over for some submission sparring. We keep the MMA sparring for the gym as there is more room.

https://www.markstraining.com Fighting and Training Methods for Unarmed Martial Artists.

My home training space is in the garage. It is a 3 car garage. I

have permanently set up 2 of the bays as my dojo space. Its fully

mated with tatami mats and also underlayment padding since its a concrete floor. I vastly increased the amount of equipment over the past 3.5 years when I started using my home dojo to teach from. Teaching from home to stay involved since I haven't been able to go the dojo anymore. I also added some small lockers for student's belongings. There is my inventory of equipment below. I really can't complain I have a lot for a home dojo but I'm always thinking of ways to make it better. One thing that is a bit of annoyance is that there isn't a door going directly into my home. Another is heat. I'm using kerosene heaters to heat

currently. I hope this year to install a propane gas heater. The

ceiling is probably about 12 feet and the mat space is 20 x 20. I

also have extra mats for the other bay should I want to expand the

training area for big or special classes. That would add another 10 x

Dojo equipment

18 tatami mats

12 wall mats

1 makiwara

2 Thai bags

2 double end bags

4 heavy bags

6 Medicine balls

3 Jump ropes

10' x 20' roll out mats

Full body dummy

Upper torso dummy

(12)Lockers

Landing mat

Wooden training weapons

Water cooler

(2pr)Focus mitts

(4)Striking shields

(4)Body protectors

(1pr)Thai pads

(2)Stretching machine

Uppercut bag

Wooden dummy

20' x 20' regular training mated area

20' x 10' additional mated area for total of 20' x 30' mated area

Very nice!

I occassionlly roll out my garage matts for large groups or heavy sparring where the basement might get too destroyed. But to leave it up year round, man that would be sweet.

I'm jealous jaedeshi. I tried to convince my old man to let me get rid of all his stuff in our garage but he wasn't too impressed. Seems like you have a great set up there.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 1 month later...

Now that we have settled into our new home and have cleared out all the boxes from my Gym/Karate/Workout Room I can practice there. In my mini gym I have weights, aerobic step, a stability ball, some mats. I have enough room to do my Pinans, and Kihon Kata and work on my punches, blocks, and kicks.

The only difference between the possible and the impossible is one's will.

- Hironori Ohtsuka Sensei -

i usually train in my 2 car garage. i have a small bag hanging from the ceiling that i use to toughen myself up. there is enough room for me to do certain forms. i go outside to practice weapons, mostly bo, and if one of my friends comes over to spar, we go outside and use the grass as our mats ;-)

Hon-Shin-Do=The way of the True Heart

Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go untill they think they are going to collapse. but the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further beyond all limits. Only when all these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to train at home. I work on kicks blocks punches and Kihon Kata and the Pinans.

The only difference between the possible and the impossible is one's will.

- Hironori Ohtsuka Sensei -

I have a heavy bag set up in the garage, but it's a constant struggle to keep enough space around it to use it. I also have a weight bench and many free weights in there, but since its close to the door, stuff is stacked around it so wading through random items is pretty regular for me. I do almost all of my weapons and forms outside, and I do anything requiring lying or siting down in my room. alas, I have no space for mats, but maybe one day...

"Be Water my friend."

"The spirit of defeating a man is the same for ten million men." Miyamoto Mushahi

• 1 month later...

i cant wait to get my wavemaster back from ny where its been kept at a friends house since i moved to pa back on aug 1st.

i will be good to go once i have the wavemaster back in my training arsenal.

since moving to pa,i've done alotta bicycling and its been good for strengthening legs and cardio.

i've kept up as always on my upper body strengthening and conditioning routine as well.

i incorporate weights,bodyweight exercises and also,the total gym.its a good supplement to the other stuff.

i workout at home by myself just fine.i dont need a gym.i save time and money by working out at home.no gym needed for this fella.

i coulda been a contenda.

i need a job that allows me to be free to be me.

i like jazz,blues,alt rock,metal,techno,etc.

my taste in music is very eclectic.

i feel a strong sense of rebellion towards the image of the politically correct male macho figure.it's just not me,that's all.