• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

GPS System in Car

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have one. I got an LG a few months ago on sale at Circuit City. I have to drive a lot for work, often to places I've never been. It's pretty much a necessity for me.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

This the same as a SatNav? We have one but no-one uses it. My Dad travels loads and seems to be able to look at a map and tell where he should be going.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Not built in, but a i have a TomTom. Not gonna lie, it's got me outta some sticky situations, but it can be one annoying machine sometimes!

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

I also have a TomTom. I LOVE it. Im one of those people who doesnt take verbal driving directions well at all. When I moved to utah in november to be with my family I would always get lost. Im the type of person who could end up on the other side of the city from where I was ment to be, by following verbal directions. Plus my eye sight isnt so good so sometimes I can't read the streetsigns until its too late. So I got a TomTom for christmas, its soooo sweet. It warns me 1/4 of a mile before each turn. Also it has little markers on the roads in the map as you drive. I've driven with my moms and she doesnt have that so I get confused as to which street to turn down when there are two close together.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we have an Acura MDX with a built-in GPS. Very helpful as it will also tell you where the nearest ATM, restaurant, or gas station is whereever you are traveling.

My friend had a SatNav and it got stolen. The police put out a warning to the public as many were being stolen from cars, the police even said to wipe off the sticky marks they may leave on your windscreen, just incase you have hidden it in your glovebox when leaving the car. Anyway i don't have a car so don't have one, think i will just stick to my bike :D

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

My phone is a Palm Treo 650. A year or two ago, I purchased TomTom software for Palm OS and an external satellite receiver that connects via bluetooth.

This combo works great for me! The receiver is maybe 2.5" x 1" x 1" and tracks up to something like 21 satellites, so it rarely loses a signal. And if I'm out somewhere without the receiver (I always have my phone), I can just pull up the TomTom software and get point to point directions, but without the receiver, it can't track my progress.

I think the software and receiver each cost me about $100 or so, and I paid about $200 for the Treo a couple of years ago. I've been very happy with the system. But of course, I'm biased toward Palm OS. Over the years, I've had a Treo 600, Treo 180G, and a Palm III.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

• 2 weeks later...