• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

eating for top performance

I have a mother that pretty much takes care of my diet and I can't complain :)

Lot's of soup, meat, fish, rice, potatos and noodles!

Always salad and at least 3 pieces of fruit everyday.

No fast food in the last 3 year, no alcohol, no drinks with gas.

I do not change my diet to compete but I like to have about half a litre of sensha tea the day before and one hour before competing honey and bananas

sometimes in the breaks between fights, I lick some more honey and have another bite at bananas.

Nothing scientific, just what I like :)

S.K.I.

Learn, don't expect to be taught.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The strange things is, I have just come back from two weeks holiday where i eaten nothing but junk. After training for the last three days, although i expected to be sluggish and poor I have had more energy than normal. Sometimes binging for a short period really helps by throwing in some nutriants and extra calories that your body may need.

https://www.markstraining.com Fighting and Training Methods for Unarmed Martial Artists.

wait, people actually eat differently for competing?

but seriously, I really don't change what I eat before competing. I just make sure I don't eat too soon before the match, and I eat soon after the competition. that way I'm not lugging around a belly full during kumite and I'm not wiped out for the rest of the day.

"Be Water my friend."

"The spirit of defeating a man is the same for ten million men." Miyamoto Mushahi

No doubt about it....rest time makes you better. Recovery is important to performance and sleep for recovery is way underrated. Now, as to the junk food on off days, as long as you control the intake, it's really not a bad idea to let your body enjoy something now and again.

Not only does it let you take in some calories you might need, it also keep sthe body from from having craving for the stuff all the time. I too will enjoy an off day on wathcing what I eat and I too usually feel pretty good training the next day.