• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Changed my mind!

Melonbob

If any of you read my posts earlier, I had gone to a trial class at a local Wing Chun school and was pretty much set on signing up. However I had one last school to go to, a Goju Ryu dojo a coworker is a sensai at. Although I loved the physical challenge of the Wing Chun(Their class is very intense and I would have shaped up very quickly), I was sold on the Goju-Ryu as soon as the class was over. They went over everything from start to finish. I had a sensai to myself for the class, seeing as I was a newb. Finally, they were alot more "family friendly" The main reason I joined was to hopefully get my son involved once he's old enough, and I noticed there were alot of families involved as a group. Now I'm not trying to take away from the Kung fu class I was at either, but I definately got the feel that this was more of an adults only group. Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's experiences with Goju Ryu!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No personal experience with Goju Ryu, but congrats on finding that place that just fits right. Some people can't do that and regret where they are when it's too late. Congrats! :karate:

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

Good luck. I hope it works out well for you!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Thanks for all the great responses. Like I said, I have nothing against the Wing Chun school, in fact, if it was only myself I was looking for, I probably would have stayed with it as it was intense and very challenging. However, this place looks like something both myself and my family can enjoy together. Anyways, figured I'd give you all a link so you can check it out!

https://www.ssomacanada.ca

yes i have to agree with granite miller on this one. im the web designer for my school and that site is VERY well done. the dojo looks beautiful as well. congrats look like a fantastic place.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."